Saturday, November 16, 2013

Photo Hike at Lake Cuyamaca


I was up at o-dark-thirty this morning to make a quick run to Starbucks with Trapper, load my backpack, and drive to Lake Cuyamaca, in Cuyamaca Rancho State Park, for my first Southern California Photography and Hiking Meetup.

It was quite cold, foggy and drizzly when we arrived, but it wasn't too bad once we started walking. We followed a trail around the lake and then hiked up another trail to Stonewall Mine. This was a good starter hike for me. I was able to get a healthy dose of crisp mountain air, colorful autumn landscapes, wildlife, photography, and exercise. After about three hours, I was more than ready to hop back in my car, turn on the heated seats, and come home to Trapper and a steamy bowl of ham and bean soup. Thanks for the soup, mom!  Here are a few photos from the day, but you can see the album on Newf in My Soup's Facebook page, here.






Wild turkeys hanging low until after Thanksgiving


Mining equipment at Stonewall Mine

Trapper wasn't too happy to be left at home

Bob's Red Mill 13-Bean Soup (recipe on the package)

No comments: